EQ Resources is dedicated to establishing meaningful and enduring relationships with the
communities in which we operate. Our solid commitment to the social aspect of our ESG
(Environmental, Social, and Governance) framework stems from our core purpose, values, and
identity as a value-oriented resources company.
Recognising that strong community bonds are fostered through open communication,
transparency, and collaboration, we actively engage in various community initiatives. These
endeavours embody our genuine commitment to promoting the well-being and sustainable
development of the communities we serve.
ACT SAFE. FEEL SAFE.
BIGGEST MORNING TEA
INTERNSHIP & TRAINEESHIP PROGRAMS
LEAD WITH INTEGRITY
MT CARBINE RODEO
12 Jan 2023
Lead with Integrity
Containers for change
EQ Resources has prepared a Community and Stakeholder Engagement Plan (CSEP) to outline the ways stakeholders can take part during each stage of the Project. It sets out a clear framework for developing an enduring relationship with the communities in which we operate.
Our guiding principles for community and stakeholder engagement are to be: Proactive, Flexible and Inclusive, Genuine, Respectful, Responsive.
For more details, please read our Community and Stakeholder Engagement Plan linked below.
- Sustainable mining practices: We prioritise responsible mining and aim to create positive social impacts while leaving a lasting legacy in our local communities.
- Community-focused approach: We prioritise building meaningful relationships with the communities in which we operate. EQR actively contributes to the local fund-raising initiatives.
- Local employment: EQR preferentially employs locally and is committed to local procurement and contracting wherever possible.
- Indigenous engagement: We actively collaborate with traditional owners to create
meaningful opportunities for First Nations people within our project
- Workforce diversity: EQR is an equal opportunity employer. We have implemented programs to improve employee diversity and capability, focusing on upskilling young individuals from surrounding communities and minority groups interested in the mining industry.
- Targeted community investments: We contribute to community-based programs and
events, such as sponsoring the Mt Carbine Bull and Bronc Ride and fundraising for the
Cancer Council Morning Tea event.
- Collaboration with councils: We partner with local councils, providing materials for road repairs, boat ramps, breakwaters and other community projects.
- Local school support: We contribute to the local Parents and Citizens
Associations of nearby state schools.
- Partnerships for research and innovation: We collaborate with University of Queensland Sustainable Minerals Institute and Cronimet on studying and implementation of sustainable re-mining practices, demonstrating our commitment to continuous improvement in the mining industry.
- Employee-led initiatives: Our employees participate in fundraising initiatives, such as Containers For Change and Queensland Country Women's Association's (QCWA) to support community causes.
- Stakeholder engagement: We actively engage with stakeholders through sentiment
surveys and other channels to ensure open communication and transparency.
Community & Stakeholder Engagement Plan